Ir parādījusies VirtualDub 1.5.5 (experimental) 658KiB jeb eksperimentālā versija. Autors informē, ka speciāli priekš Intel P4 procesoriem paredzētās versijas nebūs tāpēc, ka Intel C/C++ 6.0 taisot gļukus.
VirtualDub 1.5.5 is out on SourceForge and is the first version that I’ve explicitly tagged as “experimental.” The primary reason is the new display code — 1.5.5 is the first version to use DirectDraw by default, the result of which is a significant increase in rendering speed as well as a usable stretch. (Right-click the panes for the new options.) 1.5.4 is pretty stable at this point and as such it’s a good idea to split versions into stable and development releases. So please try 1.5.5 and report the problems, and if you have problems, use 1.5.4. 1.5.5 does add a few more workarounds for various problems as well as some optimizations for direct stream copy mode, so if all goes well it should work better than 1.5.4.
Bēdīga ziņa būs komerckodeka DivX 5.1 cienītājiem, jo VirtualDub autors pirms nedēļas pasūtīja šo kodeku divas mājas tālāk, jo DivXNetworks prātvēderi ir uzlikuši aizsardzību savam meistarojumam, kas liedz iespēju to “debugot” (vienkāršā valodā – testēt programmu un redzēt kļūdu paziņojumus). Lai gan tas nenozīmē, ka vairs nevarēs spiest filmas ar šo kodeku, vienkārši autoram būs pie kājas jūsu vaimanas par to, ka kaut kas neiet.
My announcement for the week is that I will not be supporting the use of DivX 5.1 in any way, shape or form in VirtualDub.
Current build (Version 1.5.5):
* Partial Unicode support — you can now open and save files using Unicode filenames.
* “Chroma smoother” video filter refilters point-sampled chroma with linear interpolation.
* Single-stream cut & paste. (Be patient….)
* Improved performance of AVI parser, particularly for Direct mode streaming.
* Improved performance of bicubic upsampler.
* Audio filter graph now shows intermediate audio formats on connections.
* Audio filters can now be plugins.
* New MPEG-1 video core (Meia) — full vertical clipping. Horizontal clipping is still by macroblock.
* Rewrote display code — DirectDraw support is now automatic.
* Log windows now have a context menu for clearing, copying, and saving the log text.
* Modified AVI2 indexing to relax indexing restrictions somewhat, although it’s still not user configurable yet.
* Hex editor occasionally displayed the wrong data after a find or save command.
* “Attach extension” option didn’t work for signpost save dialog.
* Fixed crash when I/O errors occur during a processing operation, and then occur again when attempting to gracefully finalize the partial output file.
* “Clear” didn’t work in audio filter graph.
* Fixed I/O errors when attempting to push audio forward with advanced audio filtering enabled.
* “Go to” command didn’t handle timestamps with fractional seconds that only had 1 or 2 decimal digits.
* “General convolution” generated bad code for factors of 2, 4, and 8 when dynamic compilation was enabled.
* Interleave periods of zero are no longer allowed.
* Added workaround for crash or hang when compressing with the “3ivx D4 4.0.4” video codec.
* Fixed non-interleaved save mode and made it cooperate with segmentation.
* Added workaround for heap corruption when processing audio in advanced mode sourced from some versions of Avisynth.
* Clarified DivX warning to note that it doesn’t apply to the DivX 4+ codecs.
* Fixed filter cropping not working properly when “motion blur” was the first filter in the chain.