Beidzot ir iznākusi Mozilla 1.6. Lai gan šīs versijas iznākšana bija paredzēta jau nedēļas sākumā, tomēr tā iznāca tikai vakar. Mozilla serveris pagaidām vēl spēj noturēt lielās masas, kas steidzas pagrābt sev jaunāko pārlūka versiju, bet nu redzēs cik ilgi.
Par ugunsputnu vēl nav ziņu, bet domāju, ka drīzumā vajadzētu iznākt arī 0.8 versijai.
Lielais saraksts ar aptuveni 1000 izmaiņām ir atrodams Mozilla lapā.
New Features and Fixes
* One of the most requested Mozilla Mail features, an option to separate the Recipient and Sender columns in the thread pane, has been implemented.
* Another frequently requested MailNews feature, a preference for placing the user’s signature above the quoted text, has been added.
* “Remove from server after x days” has been implemented for POP3 mail accounts.
* vCard support has been added to Mozilla Mail.
* Mozilla 1.6 includes a new cross-platform NTLM authentication mechanism. This feature brings NTLM authentication to the non-Windows Mozilla users for the first time and also delivers more robust and featureful NTLM support to users of older Windows versions.
* Ask Jeeves searching has been added to Mozilla 1.6.
* “Translate Page” functionality has returned to this release of Mozilla.
* The View Source window now has reload functionality.
* Several security-related bugs were fixed in 1.6
* Chatzilla 0.9.48 has been merged, which adds RPL_ISUPPORT support, halfop mode support, and properly masks key and password dialogs.
* Many crash bugs have been fixed.
* One step closer to the kitchen sink, about:about has been implemented. Typing about:about in the address field will give the user a nice list of available about:s.